The Oregon Association of Licensed Investigators, Inc., is the state of Oregon’s premier investigation organization. OALI is not only the oldest, but also the largest with paid membership.
OALI is chartered by the State of Oregon as a domestic Nonprofit Corporation. Its business year is July 1st through June 30th.
The OALI membership consists of investigative professionals and associates, whose mission since 1983 has been to promote a standard of excellence among individual investigators, enhance public confidence in the profession, provide training and represent the industry in public and political forums.
To accomplish this mission, OALI meets its goals by:
- Publishing “The Oregon Investigator”, the official journal of OALI.
- Offering information to the public on behalf of the investigative profession.
- Participating in the legislative process by sponsoring legislation to protect licensed investigator’s access to public records.
- Sponsoring recent legislation to protect investigators rights and to monitor and make needed changes to the Oregon Board of Investigators.
- Maintaining the high standards set in our By Laws, embracing the principles of professional conduct with the highest legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Holding continuing education seminars which offer state-of-the-art continuing education for investigative professionals.